|Thursday 2 July||3||07LEAM||Library A||RM 36|
|Thursday 2 July||6||08LEAG||Library A||RM 36|
- COVID restrictions in schools eases allowing most sports to resume for Years 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- We need a quick turnaround to get sports going. We urgently need returned parent consent and payment to enable sport to start Week 1 Term 3.
- These are due next Friday 3 July.
- Copies of parent consent forms that include costs where applicable are available on our website at https://web1.gymea-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/sport-and-fitness/
We encourage anyone who has an old device to give to someone in need! Below are a list of frequently asked questions that might help you decide if that old device is capable of being donated. If you have any other questions, please come and see one of the Year 12 Prefects
How old is too old?
There is no limit on the age of the device. As long as the device is in working order we will accept it.
What if the screen has a small crack in it?
It does not matter if the screen is slightly cracked as long as it doesn’t affect the practicality and ability of the device to work.
What if it needs a dongle to connect to the internet here?
This is ok as the technology teams will try to fix the issue. If they cannot fix it we hope to have dongles that can be given with the device. If you do not need the dongle anymore it would be greatly appreciated if it could be donated with the device.
What if it has always struggled to connect to the network here at school?
It is perfectly fine as we will have a team that can aim to fix these issues so that the device can be given in proper working order to a student in need.
What if I have thrown out the box for the device?
We do not require the device to be donated in its original box.
What if I have lost the charger?
The device can still be handed in if you have lost the charger. We will try to provide students with a charger for the device if one was not handed in.
Do I donate my case that goes with the device?
If the case is no longer used or needed, it would be amazing to have it donated with the device but it is not essential.
What if the device needs to be constantly charged?
We would still love for the device to be donated so that we can try to resolve the issue.
Due to the Library being closed this week, Year 10’s Literacy and Numeracy quizzes will all run in the Technology Centre Period 1 tomorrow as outlined below:
|10MATG||Room 43 + leftover computers + own devices||T. Reynolds|
|10MATY||Room 43 + leftover computers + own devices||J.Jiang|
There will be a presentation at lunchtime in the Library regarding Early Admission processes for any year 11 and year 12 students interested in going to university. Please go the library at the start of lunchtime.
A reminder to Year 10 that your second round of practice literacy and numeracy quizzes is running during Period 1 in your normal Maths lesson on Tuesday 9th June.
Can the following Maths classes please meet their Maths teacher in the rooms outlined below.
Don’t forget to bring a pen and your calculator!
Students are returning back to school fulltime on Monday 25 May,
Following normal timetable with a Week A.
Check out MyGymea for your Timetable
You will need to bring your laptop or tablet as well as your normal books to school.
Please bring a water bottle and any food you would like to consume at school.
The canteen is not open until Week 6.
All students are expected to wear full school uniform including the correct school jumpers and jackets.
Right now we cannot have school assemblies but we will have year meetings to discuss and present important information for you.
All year meetings will be in the school hall.
Period 2: Year 12
Period 3: Year 11
Period 4: Year 10
Period 2: Year 8
Period 5: Year 9
Period 6: Year 7:
• Students are returning back to school fulltime on Monday 25 May, following their normal timetable with a Week A.
• School will resume with the normal curriculum with the exception of some activities that cannot go ahead for now – such as interschool sport, excursions.
• A reduced remote learning package is attached for school work this week. The learning package for this week will be due by Tuesday next week, 26 May.
Details for students
• Students will need to bring their laptop or tablet as well as their normal books for their normal timetabled lessons from Monday 25 May.
• The normal timetable and bell times will run throughout the week.
• Please bring a water bottle and any food you would like to consume at school. The canteen is not yet open.
• Sport will be conducted at school until further notice. Students need to wear their sports uniform on Wednesdays.
• All students are expected to wear full school uniform including the correct school jumpers and jackets.
Welcome back to our Year 9 students who despite the chilly weather, enjoyed the chance to catch up again with their friends and teachers. Exploring their next learning package and their approaches to online learning, our students are also enjoying their health and wellbeing lessons, providing an opportunity to engage in some individual outdoor fitness.